Akos is a hungarian journalist / writer / author who (besides a ton of other cool things) translated many autobiographies like:
- Anthony Kiedis – Scar Tissue
- Scott Ian – I’m The Man
- Max Cavalera – My Bloody Roots
- Rex Brown – Official Truth
Long story short, he is a metalhead just like myself, so when I’ve seen that he is about to start a crowdfunding campaign to his new book (that was the Rex Brown book) decided to offer my services – since having a great website is so much better than trying to find people in facebook groups, am I right?
He didn’t really want some fancy, shiny site but a well converting one. This is why we decided to keep it simple with a home page, blog and webshop, so the visitor won’t get lost between the many pages and can be driven towards the webshop.
For this project I chose ‘Theme X‘ which is one of my favourites. The reason is – you can basicly do anything you want with it and it IS cost effective which is a massive bullet point when it comes to the budget.
- Woocommerce (webshop)
- Weight Based Shipping for Woocommerce
- Enhanced E-commerce for Woocommerce store
- Conversio (e-commerce marketing)
- BackupBuddy (safety first)
- AddThis (social share)
- HelloBar (attention grabber)
- One Signal Push Notificaion (real time info)
Also ran a giveaway-campaign for Akos. The results? Over 200 newsletter subscribers under a week (and quite a few books sold – on a really tight budget)!